As you will be well aware, ultrasounds are sound waves that have frequencies over the range of human hearing, that is to say, 20 – 100 kHz. Ultrasonic cleaning technology applications are based on the physical phenomenon of cavitation, which can be induced on any liquid. In the case of industrial ultrasonic cleaning, water is used.
The sound waves cause millions of small bubbles to expand and contract until they implode. The creation and implosion of these bubbles, known as cavitation, takes place thousands of times per second.
All about ultrasonic cavitation
At Ultratecno, we specialise in the production of a large range of industrial ultrasonic cleaner equipments. Our company has always committed to innovation, developing customised machinery that solves industrial cleaning needs for maintenance and manufacturing. Thus, the desired level of cleaning is attained by the client, and energy efficiency is also taken into account.
Phases A-B: Pressure is reduced. A large number of gas bubbles are created, and they grow.
Phases C-D: Pressure increases. The bubbles are compressed, increasing the temperature of the gas inside, until they implode.
During implosion, temperatures of 5,000ºK are reached at a microscopic level along with pressures of up to 3,000atm, releasing a lot of energy.
The result is a micro-brushing or blasting process, which is very useful for industrial cleaning.
Thus, industrial ultrasonic and cavitation cleaners for industry have the following uses:
- The industry for the manufacturing of plastic piece uses ultrasonic technology to clean plastic injection moulds, thermoforming moulds and extrusion moulds in order to remove burnt plastic, grease and separating agent.
- Stripping, given that our ultrasonic cleaning technology machines manage to remove paint, rust and other debris in order to prepare pieces for lacquering.
- The food industry uses ultrasonic technology in order to get rid of organic and inorganic waste.
- The sawmills of the wood industry use ultrasonic technology to clean rust, shavings and burnt resin from machinery.
- The industry for metal forming, metal cutting and machining cleans drilling tools, moulds and presses and removes machining oils, metal shavings, waste from moulds, dust, rust, etc.
- The printing industry uses ultrasonic technology in order to clean ink residue from print rollers.
- Heat exchangers and filters in all sectors can be cleaned of all kinds of polluting particles thanks to high-power ultrasonic waves, which have a frequency of 28 kHz.
- Marine and railway maintenance, the aeronautical industry, the electricity-generating industry, engine rebuilders (cars and lorries) etc., all clean engines and all kinds of mechanical components to remove soot, grease, rust, dust, paint, oil, burning, etc.
Aluminium foil test in order to check for correct cavitation: effective and homogeneous.
Our company has been producing industrial ultrasonic cleaner machinery for 50 years and this experience enables us to always offer the best advice to our clients.